Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Stuck Needing Garage Door Repair

It has not happened to me in a long time -- I hit the clicker, but the garage door did not respond. I replaced the batteries, and yet still nothing. 

The reason I was able to avoid calling a garage door repair business for years was several reasons. For one, I always ensured the Austin garage doors, its springs, mechanisms, and channels were all maintained. I made the mistake of taking this for granted when I sold my home and moved to another state, to be closer to my family. Yet, stuck it was, and I had my niece's christening to attend. I was already running late. 

Fortunately for me, I was able to call my repair team back in my old city for recommendations. It turns out they have friends everywhere, and could make a good, trustworthy recommendation -- their own cousins!

They came out and repaired the door, which had parts that had not been touched since the door was installed, it appeared. They lubricated and cleaned all the parts, evaluated the effectiveness of the door, and made some great suggestions on its future care and maintenance. 

From now on, I am back on track -- and so is my garage door. I will call the garage door repair team to perform regular maintenance twice a year, like clockwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment